Thursday, March 18, 2010

What You Do Best!

  Lots of people can be good at lots of different things.  Renaissance men, (or women) if you will, are certainly out there, but I think for the most part people should stick to what they do best and really hone in on, to be the best they can be at that.  Which is exactly why Jessica Simpson should stay away from the sets of lame romantic comedies and say "NO" to any future reality TV show ideas.  And I'm no fan of the hair extensions, shoes or other threads and accessories she slings (but perhaps I'm alone on that).  And I like her.  She's a very pretty, GOOD singer!  Isn't that enough to work on?  Why does she need to torture herself with embarrassing acting perfomances and sad reality TV ratings?  Her newest bomb The Price of Beauty on VH1 (speaking of stick to music, ahem!) raked in a sad one million viewers for its premiere Monday night.  Yikes!


I love acting but I know what I'm best at - comedy.  I don't chase down crime drama casting directors or spend hours learning how to street fight on camera.  Could I tackle other types of roles in films and TV?  Yes, but why?  I love being the wacky, funny, ditzy, sometimes violent and destructive characters I play.  And being the best I can at that is enough for me.  Getting paid for it would be good too...

No comments:

Post a Comment