Sunday, March 7, 2010

Calculating Success

  On a day when LA holds its breath, waiting to hear "And the Oscar goes to...," I, very much unlike an actress,  spent the day tucked away in my office doing my taxes.  I'm holding my breath wait to find out "And the refund goes to..!"  But one biz-related bright point of this calculating, headachey day happened when I took a break to run to Blockbuster. There on the wall of new releases in the "B" section, I found two of my friends!  Jen Nikolaisen starring in Bundy: An American Icon, alongside Corin Nemec.  She plays Stephanie, the girlfriend of the famous serial killer.  Go Jen!  Then just to the left a bit, I saw America Olivo starring in Bitch Slap alongside Erin Cummings (another friend and amazing actress!) and Julia Voth.  America plays the kick-ass Camero, willing to stop at nothing to steal 200 million in diamonds from an underworld kingpin.  YAY for friends kicking ass in this crazy business!  Made my Oscar weekend.  That, and the fact that I don't have to add up receipts again for another 12 months or so.  

2 comments:

  1. Um wow. 1) I HEART Jen Nikolaisen too! and 2) I LOVED "Love Royale!" Thought it was freakin Fantastic!

    I am a huge fan of yours and am so glad I can follow you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS LIRA!!! Following you now too!!!

    ReplyDelete