Wednesday, March 10, 2010

No Valley Girl Here

  The best thing... or the only good thing, about having no auditions lately, is I haven't had to grind my teeth over the 405 to the 101, to hit The Valley for weeks now.  People complain that The Valley is so hot in the summer.  I complain that it exists. It's hot in the summer because, it's hell.  I guess it wouldn't bother me that it exists if people didn't consider it LA and expect me to go there.  No one asks me to go to Bellflower, so I don't complain about that.  And sure, plenty of folks live there and love it.  But then, plenty of folks love jelly, jam, and Disneyland, none of which I see the appeal in.  


Well, tomorrow I'm breaking my audition fast!  Off to... CAZT.  If you haven't read it, I blogged about CAZT back in January http://bethsheala.wordpress.com/2010/01/18/lights-camera-pay/ which led to one of the owners, Moses, offering me a free trial.  Here was my response to that experience: http://bethsheala.wordpress.com/2010/01/24/cazt-the-verdict-is-in/  Call it a mental block, but I just don't feel like I get any love from my auditions at that joint.  Hell, at least it's not in the valley. 


Wish me luck!  Apparently I could really use it since I managed to twist my ankle today while accomplishing the very challenging task of walking.  Ice please!  Ahh...

2 comments:

  1. Boooooooo. Leave the valley alone! You don't hate the valley - you hate traffic.

    Break a leg, but not an ankle at CAZT. I agree - paying to get feedback that doesn't help at all is lame and scammy. But after auditioning there countless times, I FINALLY booked one this week, and I'll be there again on Saturday for yet another web series. YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jill!!!! That's AWESOME!! Yep, no. Still don't like the Valley, although I think I'm trekking there tomorrow night for Jason's movie. Are you going?

    ReplyDelete