Saturday, March 20, 2010

Park Your Funny Here

  At a  friend's small birthday dinner last week, I met the quiet, rather unassuming Randall Park.  Well, I had met once before, at around 4 AM, when we worked together on Working Bug's very funny short film Donation.  But he was dressed as a homeless man and I was still waking up.  This night, I immediately recognized him from several film and TV roles and a very funny K-Y Intense commercial, currently running.  It was the night before his chemistry read for the Fox comedy pilot, "Tax Man" which he indeed, booked.  I left thinking he was such a nice, intelligent guy.  Then I looked him up on youtube and found out he is one of the funniest people on the planet.  He does something really well, that far few funny people are ever any good at: stand up!  I am such a critic of what's funny and I was seriously laughing out loud in my office.  Randall has libraries of short films and web-series online and I recommend watching, well all of them!  If you don't find him funny, your brain may not be working correctly.  


I love seeing good people succeed and it's so inspiring when the person is as hard-working and prolific as Randall is.                GO RANDALL!!!        

No comments:

Post a Comment