Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Cleaning!


  Much like my friend and fellow actress Summer Harlow (who is awesome in "Nanny Interviews," a web-series due out later this year!), I have always liked to give my body and organs a break once or twice a year.  I used to do the Master Cleanse (AKA lemonade diet).... which despite the criticisms it has attracted, I think is a great, effective, and cost effective way to get the job done.  Well this year, my dependency on caffeine and just mental block against the idea of not eating for 10 days, is inspiring me to look for another alternative.  And Summer Harlow has one!


Summer's friend (who is also a medical intuitive www.teresabrandise.com) introduced her to a cleanse by Standard Process.  It's a 21 day cleanse, but you can eat all the veggies and fruits you want and then on day 11 you even can eat protein.  http://www.standardprocess.com/display/3109.spi


Drawbacks?  Well aside from the fact that it shares the same name as the Church of Scientology training course (Purification Program), the website indicates that you have to buy it through a medical professional.  A few different sites do appear to sell it.  Price on Amazon.com?  Around $235:  Standard Process - Purification Product Kit with Whole Food Fiber  


Hmm... A whole lot pricier than spicy lemonade, but I'm still inclined to give it a try.  


Thoughts anyone?





3 comments:

  1. If you contact Teresa, she can give you a better price :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to www.drnatura.com and buy the Colonix program. A little less costly, but wonderfully effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks... Anonymous! I had heard good things about that one too.

    ReplyDelete