Thursday, March 25, 2010

Act Like a Puppy!

  In case you haven't heard, I have the world's greatest golden retriever, Bailey.  Bailey is 12 and a half years handsome, and in recent years has been suffering from from arthritis.  He has been taking a pain reliever (NSAID) called Metacam for over a year now.  My vet hasn't expressed any concern over the use of the drug, but it's been bothering me lately.  I wouldn't take a high dose of ibuprofen every day for the rest of my life.  That would damage my organs, wouldn't it?  So wouldn't it damage his? 


Last night I did some research on natural and alternative therapies.  I was heavily leaning towards one of these two products: FlexPet  or Arthro-IonX.  Both are over the counter and had very good reviews all around. 
  
Looking for real humans with information, I posted on Facebook to see if anyone had opinions about these products.  My friend Richard Morgain responded with a vote for a prescription injectable called  Adequan .  It's helped his cat tremendously and he swears by it.  Then casting director and lover of animals Paul Palo, contacted me with another option.  He's been working closely with Dr. Rachel Jones DVM (daughter of Quincy) and the effects of Microlight 830 laser on degenerative joint and bone problems in dogs and cats.  This low level laser therapy has shown amazing results in pets and people in pain.


It's GREAT to have so many options now available to pet owners like me.  What will Bailey do?  Stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment