Friday, May 14, 2010

What's With the Hellergies?

I've had allergies about as long as I've had a nose, so I've certainly learned to cope with them over the years.  But this year, even I have to say, UGH.  This sucks!  


Allergy veterans like myself know all to well when their symptoms are different from that of a cold, and I can say without hesitation, I am not flu ridden or down with a bad cold, but suffering from the worst allergies I've ever experienced (of course, not taking into account the time my face was literally covered, eyes swollen shut, due to an allergic reaction to poison ivy).  


Seasonal allergies are never pleasant, but I remember once asking a student why she'd been absent for two months and she told me, "I had allergies."  Huh.  I remember thinking, if that were a reason to stay home, I'd be... dead?


But this year is oh so special.  Today a congested, weary-looking student told me she was going home early because her allergies were terrible, to which I whole-heartedly gave her my blessing.  I saw a friend yesterday, who has also been a long-time allergy sufferer, but first-timer in breaking out in hives.  UGH!  And me?  Well I'm hitting my inhaler at an unprecedented rate due to my allergy-induced asthma, and simply feeling like crap.  And so tired! 


What the hell?  Is this a scam?  Did the Benadryl company have something to do with this?  I need another nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment