Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Idolizing Crystal

Very excited to find out who the next American Idol will be!  


I watch the performances every week (fast forwarding through the plethora of Ford infomercials, starring the top 12), but I only vote on the night of the finale.  


Can I be honest? (Of course I can, it's my blog!)  I voted for Crystal Bowersox and here's why;  1. If she were to make an album (or when she makes an album), I wouldn't buy the whole thing but I'd likely download some of her songs from iTunes.  2. I think she's really talented and unique.  3. She's a woman.  4. I've watched the show every week this season and I still can't remember what the guy's name is she's up against tonight.  He might be forgettable.


It's true, I'm something of a feminist and that does bleed over into the way I vote.  Of course, were she not likable she'd not be getting my support.    


That said, one man I have great respect for has sadly given his last sharp-tongued, often painfully honest, critique.  I don't care what anyone says, Simon Cowell was spot on in his assessments of performances throughout American Idol.  Most of them were just too American to accept what was coming out of his mouth.


GO CRYSTAL!!!  

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I am a Bowersox fan too but this final show is killing me...Can we just fast forward to the winner? Pants-on-the-ground guy and that William dude? I think half of my brain cells just died...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! It was pretty painful, especially Paula. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete