Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oh TV!

Shocking to me how in this day in the land of TV, when it's harder than ever to get a show picked up and on the air, that such bad TV shows come into my living room.  I was so looking forward to the ABC spooky new episodic, " Happy Town," but yikes!  Really?  Cheesy, cliche music transitions us into yet another scene of contrived characters playing the town idiots, and each set up is another opportunity for the cast to assault us with campy, cringe-worthy dialogue.


And then there's "Fringe."  One of my favorites for the past year and a half has taken a turn for the worse.  Where ever in the FBI world of investigating unexplainable phenomena was the film noir door opened for Olivia Dunham to break into song?  Yeah, you lost me there.


I loved "Heroes" and then there was just too much and too many powers to follow.  Lost me.


And then there's shows I loved that went off the air.  What happened to "Eli Stone"?  Great, fun show... tossed.  "Lipstick Jungle"?  "Swingtown"?  And now, probably "Damages"!  Gone!  


No wonder reality TV is so alive and thriving.  Should decisions about what America wants to watch be this hard to get right at this point?  Urgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment