Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Good, Sheen Fun

While I'm not much of a "Charlie Sheen the person fan" (much like the people he marries), I'm not opposed to the work he does.  He's funny, and though I'm continuously shocked to see how well "Two and a Half Men" does in the ratings, time and time again, I was even more floored when I heard the flurry of rumors about Sheen's imminent departure from the only thing in his life that seemed to be working.

Capitalism: A Love StoryWhy the hell would he leave?  Not enough money?  Really?  Honestly, how much money does someone need in this world?  This is a question that's been on my mind since I saw Michael Moore's documentary Capitalism: A Love Story.  How many homes, cars, boats and Manolo Blahniks does a person need before they feel fulfilled?  The highest paid actor on TV, Charlie Sheen made $825,000 per episode last season.  If he wasn't considering a full departure from acting altogether and it wasn't about money (so he claims), what was the two and a half month hold up all about?  

Well, Charlie Sheen fans can all rest easy knowing "Two and a Half Men" will return for two more seasons.  And although living large on his inflated paycheck, still facing domestic violence charges from a Christmas Holiday hassle (weapons included), with his wife Brooke Mueller, Sheen is living Lohan.  And that's not good.




No comments:

Post a Comment