Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thank You For Being a Facebook Friend

Though I've sworn off the show since former my Groundlings classmate, Michaela Watkins' untimely departure from SNL (and because it's just not very good and I waste enough time on Facebook), I couldn't help but record Betty White's appearance from last night.


Such a delight.  Sure, there were lots of time-to-run-to-the-bathroom  moments as usual, but Betty White was truly a timelessly, talented treat!  She took a moment during her monologue to thank Facebook for campaigning to get her on the show as a host.  What struck me, was when she said, "When I finally learned what Facebook was I thought, what a huge waste of time!"  So true!  Why am I still on there??


Maybe it's because email is so quickly becoming an old-fashioned way of communicating.  Even my close friends (my age) respond far more quickly to a message sent through Facebook rather than through an email account.  


And is it just me, or does everyone on Facebook feel like they get news faster on Facebook?  And simply feel more in touch with what's happening, not just in the lives of my friends, but in the world?


Sure made it easier to wish my lady friends with offspring a Happy Mother's Day!  Hope you all had a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment