Thursday, May 27, 2010

Shooting the Head

After a number of years in this business, which will go undisclosed, I feel comfortable saying it doesn't matter who you go to for headshots, if you don't bring yourself to the picture, you won't get "the shot."  But what the hell does that mean?  


It means that your headshot should capture your eyes, show something going on behind your eyes, and completely look like you.  Not some character you think you should be playing, just you.  And with all I know and thought I knew about headshots, I was more than enlightened when I watched this SAG Foundation video, "Your Headshot From Every Angle," taped earlier this month.


Guests included casting directors Stuart Stone, Marci Liroff,  and Geralyn Flood and photographers Sara Corwin, Alan Weissman, and Kevin Major Howard.  Among many other things, I learned that Sara Corwin is really defensive about her high prices and Kevyn Major Howard might be slightly off-balance and/or an evangelist.


Bottom line, if you're an actor, it's totally worth it to see what they're saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment