Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Sidewalk Mafia

I know I've voiced my thoughts before on mothers and strollers, but seriously, is it safe for anyone to have a foot on a sidewalk in Santa Monica without fear of losing a toe or at least some skin, to a pair of Cadillac strollers and snobby mommies, power walking behind them?  


And it's not the fact that they're taking up the whole sidewalk, it's the thoroughly unapologetic attitude towards inconveniencing others.  In my experience, nine times out of ten, a bratty kid on a skateboard is far more likely to  "sorry, please, and thank you" his way around me when he comes flying down the sidewalk, than a mother pushing a stroller.  


Today as I was putting money in the meter, I got nailed in the back of my foot just above my heel by a Sidewalk Mafia member's oversized stroller.  Even when I let out an "Ouch!" as snobby mommy wizzed by, I got not even a pause, much less an apology.  


Honestly, if you want to be bitch, don't do it in front of your kids.  It's much harder for me to call you names in public that way.


It's the Sidewalk Mafia.  It's their territory, and don't you dare get in their strolling way.  Or you just might get whacked.  On the foot. 

1 comment:

  1. You are so much better than me! As a mommy myself, the Sidewalk Mafia would get a quick "Excuse You!" if they ran into me without an apology. But kudos to you for taking the high road in front of the kiddies.

    ReplyDelete