Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Need a Break, Lake Now!

The law of attraction is really at work with me today.  I am OVERWHELMED  with all of my end of the semester stuff, finals, submitting my films, writing meetings, meetings, work, meetings, work, attendance records, work, work, UGH!  So, of course today, when I'm hurrying, arms full, with a trail of students behind me to get from class to the office so I can help them with registration, a random woman stops me and the following ensues:


A: Hey, you a teacher?
B: Yes!  Sorry, I...
A: What do you teach?
B: English as a Second Language.
A: Can I have some worksheets on, uh... subject-verb agreement?
B: Uh... well, I don't have any on me (and are you kidding me?)
A: Can you mail some to me at 5211 Lake...
B: (Is this really happening?)  Uh... you'll need to write that down.


OK, what the hell just happened?  Phil must have sensed my stress.  An hour later he forwarded me our anniversary getaway reservation confirmation for Lake Arrowhead Resort.  Ahh.


It's true.  This too shall pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment