Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Audition

  First of all, really?  Got the audition through my own submission on LA Casting, where I don't have video to submit, so a little weird to me even to be called in for a film.  No script in advance, red flag #1.  Huge crowd of 20 somethings waiting outside, red flag #2.  Multiple duos of 20 somethings acting out the same scene, so weird to witness and pretty sad in many cases.  Not a red flag just painful.  Sides are not in script format and are not exciting, red flag #3.  So why am I still here?  Well, I left my cozy home on Easter Sunday and drove to Van Nuys (insert puke a little bit in my mouth here... we all know how I fell about the good parts of the valley!) because the breakdown boasted the project is going to Cannes.  I figured if I have to go to Van Nuys to get to Cannes, I suppose I will.


The verdict?  Well if I had to guess, I'd say no one there is going to Cannes anytime soon.  Not an overall terrible experience, though.  They didn't have a reader, so they brought us in two at a time.  Kinda felt like a free acting class where the teacher liked us.  That's always nice.


And what else was I going to do today anyway?  Sit around and eat Easter candy?  Making up for that now!


Happy Easter everyone!!  

2 comments:

  1. My understanding of festivals is that there are no guarantees that any film is automatically in - these film makers have to submit to them (and possibly get rejected) just like everybody else. They only say they're going to the big festivals so that they can get talent to commit to a project that will run out of money in post and never see the light of day outside their terabyte drives. No finished film, no material for reels, no nothing.

    especially if they're holding auditions on Easter Sunday. They must be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Lira, although everyone has their own connections... that would be quite a connection to have an all but guaranteed spot at that festival. Another crazy audition for the books!

    ReplyDelete