Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dream On?


 I remember my dreams just about every night.  There are lots of theories on what dreams mean, but a common theory about why we dream, is that dreams are the subconscious mind at work, pointing out to us something our conscious minds are not paying attention to.


Let's say for the moment, that's true.  Then why did I dream last night that Angelina Jolie had died due to complications in her latest pregnancy, and that I ran into Katie Couric having lunch with Barbara Walters at a Beverly Hills High School restaurant, where she was a complete bitch to me, because I called her Katie.


What exactly or inexactly was my subconscious trying to tell me?  Famous women often end up bitchy or dead?  So, careful what I wish for?  I have to believe my subconscious mind isn't that stupid.  But I often wake up feeling simply troubled and sometimes shaken by these jumbled, complicated storylines that I can't begin to interpret and are not... restful at all.


Though my boyfriend Phil occasionally calls out something in his sleep like, "Only when I'm golfing!" (though he doesn't golf) or an annoyed, "Oh, great!" He never remembers his dreams, which is something I've grown to envy.  


Why can't my mind just shut off and let me rest when I sleep?  I don't want to work out anything in brain while I'm snoring the night away.  Can't I just deal with it all when I wake up?

No comments:

Post a Comment