Monday, May 10, 2010

Why So Trashy?

I've mentioned before that I'm big fan of the teachings of Abraham-Hicks.  One quote I try to keep in mind is, "They're not really messing up your world in the way you think they are, they're creating in their own world.  And I can fly with that when the guy in the BMW cuts me off in traffic, or when Elizabeth Hasselbeck says... anything, or when LuAnn de Lesseps or gets behind a microphone to "sing."  


But one area where I just can't swallow that mentality is when I see someone litter.  I'm not an environmentalist, per se, but for some reason that I can't talk myself out of, it just enrages me.


You smoke?  Fine, it's legal.  But you're already polluting our air, how dare you throw your cigarette butt out your car window?  I've often daydreamed of throwing that cigarette right back into the driver's car.  Where it belongs.


Not too long ago I saw an older couple at a stop light, open their car door to toss out a fast food drink cup.  Just dropped it right on the street on Culver Blvd.  What the hell is that?


I can't begin to think about the atrocities I witnessed when I worked at at Los Angeles Technology Center (and I'm not even talking about the evil, puppy-eating woman who runs the place).  High school students walk two steps past a garbage can and toss their half eaten fries and chips on the sidewalk.  


UGH!  I just don't get it.  The only time littering is OK is if you're throwing up or dying.  And even then... well...

No comments:

Post a Comment